Cash Mails

cashmails.org

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Posting Schedule or why I won’t be Posting Every Day

Once upon a time I had a site that was making a good deal of money with adsense. It was thrilling, exciting and in retrospect I suspect it was because I was posting ALL the time. At the peak (had a couple $30 days and one $60 day) I was posting dozens of entries a day. First thing I would do is skim news headlines in my RSS feed reader and look for “post worthy” stories and then I’d comment, elaborate, collate and keep chasing the same thing all day. This was from getting out of bed, to heading to bed. It was in a word exhausting. I couldn’t keep that pace up and the earnings trailed off, then Google changed their search algorithm and the remaining traffic collapsed leaving me with less than a dollar each day in income. My other work at that time was busy enough that I didn’t have time to do much to figure out what happened, on top of that I was disappointed and didn’t really want to think about it.
Read the rest of this entry »

No comments:

Post a Comment