Cash Mails

cashmails.org

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My Name.com Account with 14 Premium Domains Hijacked

I’d three very hard days, 4 days back my gmail account was hacked somehow and then the hacker cracked my Name.com account from there. I’ve 14 premium domains at Name.com which I was about to lose when I got an automatic alert through Sucuri.net that syedaqeel.com is not available. Domain was giving a 500 internal page error, I thought hosting for that domain is down (its placed on a shared hosting account), I waited for syedaqeel.com to become available. SyedAqeel.com become available after 24 hours, I decided to move it to my dedicated server to avoid further down time.
When I tried to login to my name.com account to change DNS settings, and what I found was surprising, after many tries with right password I was not able to login and when I tried to reset my password it showed that an email is sent at your hotmail.com address.
I was shocked! Yes, email was sent to someone else’s email address, as I used a Gmail account with name.com. It was confirmed that my Name.com account is compromised. My first reaction was to check how it happen and to be true, its almost impossible to crack a name.com account with brute force type attacks, as name.com have very good security.
As I checked who is for syedaqeel.com and thewondrous.com I found that contact, billing and administrator information is changed and a person with name of “Abbas Shafiee” and company name “Yamobile”.

No comments:

Post a Comment